Stokke is looking for a Product Compliance & Safety Engineer. In this role you will contribute to an overall and facilitating responsibility for the Stokke product portfolio to comply with Stokke’s standards, applicable regulations, laws, and industry standards in the markets Stokke is present. The Product Compliance & Safety Engineer will be a specialist in Stokke regarding safety standards and regulations.
The job is located in Ålesund, Norway.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Be a specialist in Stokke regarding safety standards and regulations, both mandatory and voluntary, for the markets Stokke is present.
- Develop regulatory compliance strategies and test plans for new and existing products.
- In cooperation with external test labs and the Compliance & Safety team, ensure the Stokke® portfolio is regularly tested and re-tested.
- Conduct verification testing at Stokke’s internal test lab as part of Stokke’s PLM and NPD product development process.
- Communicate regulatory information to multiple departments and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
- Participate in committee meetings and be a part of the development of children’s product standards.
- Initiate and run product change processes when triggered by changing regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- A technical degree, preferably mechanical engineering or similar, on minimum bachelor level or equivalent.
- Specialisation in one or several of the following relevant topics: juvenile products, product testing and verification, textile and ready-made clothing, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, product risk management.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably from test labs, trading companies or manufacturing side in juvenile products.
- Experience with standardization.
- High proficiency in technical English, oral and written.
- Structured, process oriented, collaborative, and analytical.
Stokke develops products that are designed in the best interest of the child. Stokke’s award-winning collection is recognized worldwide for superior solutions for children. For over forty years, Stokke has combined the passion for Scandinavian design with the ability to challenge the ordinary and make beautiful products that nurture family bonding. Based in Ålesund, Norway and with offices in Europe, US, and Asia, Stokke can offer a truly international work environment.
Why join Stokke?
You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Our company values define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. At Stokke, we are truly better together as ONEStokke. We take pride in our social happenings, celebrating our international and diverse atmosphere with events such as Christmas or a summer party
- Our offices are close or in the heart of the city (e.g. Ålesund, Sindelfingen or Shanghai office) with a modern working space
- Flexibility is important to all of us. Stokke is providing a hybrid working model which gives you the opportunity of working up to 3 flexible and 2 days from the office (applicable for office based position)
- The Stokke Academy takes care of your career development which starts with a global onboarding training introducing you to the Stokke family
Feel free to get in touch for more information about the role and company or apply directly through the link below: