Stokke develops products that are designed in the best interest of the child. Stokke’s award-winning collection is recognized worldwide for superior solutions for children. For over forty years, Stokke has combined the passion for Scandinavian design with the ability to challenge the ordinary and make beautiful products that nurture family bonding. Based in Ålesund, Norway and with offices in Europe, US and Asia, Stokke can offer a truly international work environment.
Sourcing Manager Textiles
We are looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager Textile to join our growing team in Ålesund. As Sourcing Manager Textile, you will be responsible for supplier sourcing and supplier management for a defined supplier portfolio based on Stokke sourcing strategy and Stokke product strategy.
You will be part of an international team consisting of 14 people. 8 located in Norway (Ålesund), 3 in Hungary and 3 in Romania. This position will be based in Ålesund and will report to the Strategic Production Manager.
Your main focus areas will be to follow-up and secure the running production, sourcing and qualification of new suppliers as well as project management during production ramp-up at new suppliers. You will participate and work close with our Innovation team to secure efficient industrialization and time-to-market of new product developments - always keeping high focus on product quality, sustainability, product costs and production capacity.
Sustainability is anchored in the Stokke values, and the position is central in exploring opportunities and improvement actions for sustainable materials and production technologies in the value chain as part of a cross-functional team focused on sustainable textiles
- Analytical and structured
- A “doer” that makes great things happen
- Efficient and strong problem-solving skills
- Good English presentations and communicative skills
- Good at building cross-national relations and cooperation
- Challenge existing solutions, see opportunities and always strive for improvement
- Strong team player, but also comfortable with individual work
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding
- Being able to plan, develop and implement with high quality
- Have a holistic approach and see all consequences cross-functional
- Great teammate, fun loving, humble and eager to learn
- Technical education on Bachelor or Masters level, preferably within textile engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within Supplier Sourcing, Production and Supplier Management.
- 5+ years of experience within textile related industry
- Good knowledge of procurement skills such as negotiation, contracts, sourcing etc.
- Experienced in project management
To succeed at Stokke, you will need to have a high level of energy and passion, both for the products and the work. We are searching for ambitious, driven and result-oriented individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to contribute to taking Stokke to the next level. Further, we believe you are a team-player who enjoys collaboration and possess strong communicative skills. The right candidate is flexible to adapt way of working and willing to travel internationally.
Why join Stokke?
With joining Stokke you will have the opportunity to work with a premium brand in an international environment. You will be part of an experienced, passionate and talented innovation team located in the heart of the city of Ålesund – in a modern office environment with open desk landscape. Stokke can offer great employee discounts on our products for family and friends, and you will be part of a winning team in a company in growth.
For this search, Stokke is collaborating with Converto AS. By applying to us, you agree to Converto handling the process for us. To apply for this role, please use the following link and send us a brief application letter and resume: https://60030.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4462710264?language=NB&link_source_id=0