Stokke develops products that are designed in the best interest of the child. Stokke’s award-winning collection is recognized worldwide for superior solutions for children. For over forty years, Stokke has combined the passion for Scandinavian design with the ability to challenge the ordinary and make beautiful products that nurture family bonding. Based in Ålesund, Norway and with offices in Europe, US and Asia, Stokke can offer a truly international work environment.
Product Technologies Director
The Product Technologies Director is leading and managing the Stokke Engineering Center of Excellence responsible for engineering and technical development across product development, maintenance and production support. As Product Technologies Director you will be responsible for developing a strong quality and performance product development and maintenance culture, by leading the textile and engineering Innovation team, mentoring colleagues, and sparring with relevant stakeholders.
Rapidly growing business – Exposure to senior level management – Strategic leadership
In this challenging role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the Stokke Engineering Center of Excellence, by driving progress, deliverables, and quality assurance according to the project model processes. Identifying and determining the need for training and talent development.
- Inspire a culture of continuous improvement of methods to constantly raise the bar for ways of working and capabilities. Ensuring product development management procedures, product quality and technical documentation.
- Support Innovation teams on identifying, building and managing efficient relationships with external partners. Securing diligent management of product maintenance and activities according to compliance, safety and product roadmaps.
Desired characteristics and qualifications
The ideal profile has an international mindset with good understanding of the Scandinavian culture and is ambitious and driven towards taking Stokke to the next level. Further, he or she should be flexible in thought and action, enabed to work successfully in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. An open-minded approach to problem solving is key to success in this role, in addition to strong stakeholder management skills, working cross-functionally dealing with internal and external stakeholder.
- Bachelor, ideally Master’s degree within Engineering or equivalent relevant education combined with relevant industry experience
- Competence and skill set within technical design, engineering and development of consumer products.
- Experience as people manager of multi-disciplinary technical teams and leading projects.
- Strong leadership and change management experience, ideally in leading a team successfully through team or department reorganization
- Experience from development of premium and branded consumer goods, produced at external suppliers, preferable experience from furniture industry, wood, plastics or textiles industry.
- Relevant working experience with a proven track record of leading product development and industrialization of products in an international environment.
- Fluent in English.
Why join Stokke?
You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Our company values define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. At Stokke, we are truly better together as ONEStokke. We take pride in our social happenings, celebrating our international and diverse atmosphere with events such as Christmas or a summer party
- Our offices are close or in the heart of the city (e.g. Ålesund, Sindelfingen or Shanghai office) with a modern working space
- Flexibility is important to all of us. Stokke is providing a hybrid working model which gives you the opportunity of working up to 3 flexible and 2 days from the office (applicable for office based position)
- The Stokke Academy takes care of your career development which starts with a global onboarding training introducing you to the Stokke family
Feel free to get in touch for more information about the role and company or apply directly through the link below: