As a Product Development Engineer in the engineering department you will be involved in all stages of the development process. This involves development and evaluation of technical feasibility of design concepts and product ideas, based on factors and requirements such as design, performance, safety, durability, cost and manufacturability with a strong consumer centric focus. You will be part of a multidisciplinary department where creative ideas are transformed into tangible products that enhance the lives of families around the world.
The position reports to the Engineering Manager and will be based in Ålesund.
WHAT YOU GET
Perhaps the biggest benefit of working at Stokke is the opportunity to work with a company with products that are recognized around the world and have a common purpose: to encourage child development and to nurture family bonding. You will also get to appreciate an international career and learning opportunities in a growing company that creates smart and sustainable premium products that stimulate children’s development.
Furthermore, you will work in a company where we believe that our values Keep Growing, Take Responsibility, Pursue Excellence and Better Together define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. At Stokke, we are truly better together as ONEStokke and we take pride in our social happenings, celebrating our international and diverse atmosphere with events such as holiday or summer party.
- Develop and evaluate technical solutions including mock-ups and prototypes.
- Conduct risk assessments and research into materials, technologies and sustainability.
- Conduct preliminary technical validation by calculation, simulation and testing.
- Prepare technical product specifications such as CAD files, FMEA analysis, test reports etc.
- Assist in production start-up in collaboration with Sourcing & Production function.
- On-site follow up at various locations to discuss directly with suppliers and toolmakers about technical feasibility of parts and production methods.
- Give technical support to production related projects and other operational issues.
BACKGROUND & COMPETENCE
We’re looking for a candidate that ideally has the following background, but at the same time we like to be challenged. To us the right attitude is more important than your present skill set.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Working experience with a proven track record in industrialization of products within an international environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, aluminium extrusion, thermoforming, machining and surface treatment is desirable.
- Experience with FEM analysis and CAD tools, preferably Siemens NX.
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management methodology is desirable.
- Fluent in English
THIS IS YOU
You are ambitious and driven towards taking Stokke to the next level. We see our future colleague as someone who is open to new ideas and has good problem solving skills as well as a good business and commercial understanding. You have a strong consumer centric focus and are used to working in a dynamic environment.
In general, we like strong collaborators who also act as constructive challengers. We love being challenged, it’s what moves us forward as people and as a company.
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION?
For more information, please contact our recruiting partner HAMNØY AS through their advisors
- Lisa Røgelstad, tel. 466 51 199
- Allette Solberg, tel. 900 20 132
Register and submit your CV and application, and remember to attach all relevant certificates and diplomas. Our recruiting partner handles all inquiries confidentially - even towards us at Stokke AS in the initial phase, if desired.
Commencement according to agreement.