This is a challenging role which will be part of the Design and Front-end Innovation team, responsible for the design of new concepts and products in line with Stokke guidelines and Front-end or Product management briefings. Thereby the Design Manager will be responsible for the design of a complete Product Category.
The role is a combination of taking part in setting the overall design direction in terms of aesthetics and function and being hands-on in product development projects and front-end innovation activities.
Some of the key responsibilities are the following:
- Managing and executing the design of desirable, viable and feasible product concepts in accordance with company strategy and targets.
- Leading external agencies during the design process and present the product designs to relevant stakeholders in collaboration with product management.
- Contribute to the definition of Stokke design language and guidelines.
- Meeting and engaging with end-users and customers for design tests.
- Mentoring and assisting design team members across Innovation.
- Delivery of activities and sub projects feeding concepts and validated ideas into the Product Development teams.
- Design research (desk and field) into user behaviors, trends, materials, technologies, sustainability, etc.
- Build knowledge on children’s development.
- Build material and manufacturing insight.
- Bachelor, ideally Master’s degree in Design. Preferable Industrial Design.
- 5-8 years prior experience in industrial design with furniture, consumer good or comparable products and processes.
- Fluent in English.
- Relevant experience with MS Office, NX, Adobe and other visualization tools.
- Excellent aesthetical styling skills to integrate of form and function and a good understanding of look and feel of materials.
- Preferable relevant working experience with a proven track record in industrialization of products within an international environment: Must have brought numerous products successfully from idea to market.
- Strong understanding of development processes such as Design Thinking and human centered processes to achieve desirability.
Why join Stokke:
- You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development.
- Stokke is an advocate for ethical trade practices and ensures that our business connections take part in a joint responsibility.
- If you want to commit to create high quality products, designed for children and generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team.
Stokke offers an extensive benefit package to its employees.
For this search, Stokke is collaborating with Nigel Wright. By applying to us, you agree to Nigel Wright handling the process for us. To apply for this role, please use the following link: