The Creative Lead is driving the overall design and style strategy and guidelines at Stokke, based on the brand values. Besides that, the Creative Lead is responsible for the design of a major Product Category.
Some of the key responsibilities are the following:
- Hands-on in executing the design of desirable, viable and feasible product concepts and setting global strategies and targets.
- Monitoring the compliance of product designs with the overall design strategy / guidelines across the whole Stokke portfolio.
- Setting up a design approval process and preparing respective product design approvals in collaboration with the product managers according to the Stokke project model.
- Accompanying the product development until launch, which also includes briefings for and regular exchange with agencies, suppliers, or external development teams.
- Collaborating with internal design managers and product managers in defining product concepts across the full Stokke portfolio.
- Identifying consumer needs and global design trends in the industry and analyzing their feasibility and use for Stokke.
- Translating these needs and trends into projects at Stokke.
- Build knowledge on children’s development.
- Build material and manufacturing insight.
- Bachelor, ideally Master’s degree in Design.
- 10+ years prior experience in design and style with furniture, consumer good or comparable products and processes.
- Relevant experience with Office, NX, Adobe and other visualization tools.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with premium, high quality product categories preferred: Must have brought numerous products successfully from idea to market.
- Strong understanding of development processes such as Design Thinking and human centered processes to achieve desirability.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and manufacturing processes related to furniture, strollers, or similar products of high quality.
Why join Stokke?
- You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development.
- Stokke is an advocate for ethical trade practices and ensures that our business connections take part in a joint responsibility.
- If you want to commit to create high quality products, designed for children and generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team.
Stokke offers an extensive benefit package to its employees.