The Engineering Manager is leading and managing Stokke’s Innovation team of textile and engineering specialists across new product development and product life cycle management activities.
Some of the key responsibilities are the following:
- Setting the direction and standard on technical quality in product development and industrialization activities like new products development, PLM projects and activities and operation and supply chain projects.
- Develop and evaluate technical solutions including mock-ups and prototypes.
- Develop, maintain, and anchor engineering procedures, advance scientific research and elevate standards.
- Driving continuous improvement of engineering methods to constantly raise the bar for ways of working and capabilities.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Identifying, building, and managing relationships with external contractors and suppliers.
- Member of the project board and owner of the engineering guidelines securing part approval, DFM, technical reviews, product information and other engineering related processes are followed according to Stokke’s guidelines and initiates process improvement where needed.
- Manage the Engineering teams operating expense budget.
- Bachelor, ideally Master’s degree within Engineering or equivalent relevant education combined with relevant industry experience.
- 15 years in technical design, engineering and development of consumer products.
- 10 years as people manager of multi-disciplinary technical teams and projects.
- Strong leadership and change management experience, ideally in leading a team successfully through team or department reorganization.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working cross-functionally, dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience from development of premium and branded consumer goods, produced at external suppliers preferable experience from furniture industry, wood, plastics and textiles.
- Fluent in English.
Why join Stokke?
- You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Stokke is an advocate for ethical trade practices and ensures that our business connections take part in a joint responsibility
- If you want to commit to create high quality products, designed for children and generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team
Stokke offers an extensive benefit package to its employees