For a 1 year temporary assignment we are looking for an Engineer to join our Innovation team in Ålesund!
The job includes responsibility for product lifecycle management activities including product quality improvements and optimization of product manufacturing processes. In this role you will develop and evaluate technical feasibility of design concepts, based on factors such as design requirements, performance, safety, durability, cost and manufacturability.
We are looking for an engineer with mechanical background with a few years working experience - who is eager to learn more about product development and the industrialization of products - supporting our Engineering team.
Some of the key responsibilities include the following:
- Be the technical point of contact for product responsible in product management team.
- Give technical support to operation manager in move production projects and other operational issues.
- Investigate quality issues on existing portfolio and develop solution.
- Do preliminary technical validation by calculation, simulation, or testing.
- Prepare technical data package of the product for handover: technical specification such as CAD files, FMEA, validation reports, etc.
- Assist in production start-up
- Develop and evaluate technical solutions including mock-ups and prototypes.
- Participate in New Product development teams and workshops.
- Bachelor or MSc degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- A couple of years relevant working experience
- Good sense of the relation between design & engineering and knowledge of product development processes such as DFM/DFA, drawing standards and basic systems engineering
- Knowledge of injection moulding, aluminium extrusion, thermoforming, surface treatment, mechanical assembly processes and textiles
- Experience with FEM analysis and CAD tools
- Preferable Siemens NX experience.
- Usage of PLM software
- Fluent in English
Why join Stokke?
- You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Stokke is an advocate for ethical trade practices and ensures that our business connections take part in a joint responsibility
- If you want to commit to create high quality products, designed for children and generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team
- Stokke offers an extensive benefit package to its employees