We are looking to fill a temporary position as Product Compliance & Safety Engineer in the Innovation team in Ålesund due to an upcoming parental leave absence. We are looking for someone who could join immediately, and have a temporary position with Stokke until end September 2022. As Product Compliance & Safety Engineer you will contribute to ensuring the Stokke® product portfolio at all times meets regulatory compliance requirements in terms of applicable industry regulations and standards.
The role is normally based in Ålesund, but we are open to the position being based in Oslo during the assignment.
Some of the key responsibilities are the following:
- Be a specialist in Stokke regarding safety standards and regulations, both mandatory and voluntary, for the markets Stokke is present
- Maintain current Stokke® product portfolio in terms of regulatory compliance by ensuring testing of products at 3rd party labs and handle corresponding documentation
- Initiate and run product change processes when triggered by changing regulatory requirements.
- Understand the regulatory requirements for the product portfolio and communicate the requirements to multiple departments, and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
- Develop test plans for new and existing products.
- Provide regulatory guidance to departments or development project teams regarding design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products. Participate in development projects and prepare for tests at test- and certification institutes.
- Ensure that Risk management is performed in Projects according to Stokke Risk management framework.
- Technical Bachelor or Master, preferably mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience in one or several relevant topics, for instance; consumer goods, textile and ready-made clothing, chemistry, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, product risk management.
- Ideally min. 1-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from consumer goods and consumer goods safety standards is a plus, as well as any risk management experience
- Strong English skills, oral and written
- Analytical skills
- Process oriented
- Collaborative skills
If you enjoy interpreting industry regulations and standards and have the ability to communicate these towards relevant stakeholders internally and ability to coordinate with 3rdparty test labs our compliance requirements – this is the job you are looking for!
Why join Stokke?
- You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Our company values define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. At Stokke, we are truly better together as ONEStokke. We take pride in our social happenings, celebrating our international and diverse atmosphere with events such as Christmas or a summer party
- Our offices are close or in the heart of the city (e.g. Ålesund, Sindelfingen or Shanghai office) with a modern working space
- Flexibility is important to all of us. Stokke is providing a hybrid working model which gives you the opportunity of working up to 3 flexible and 2 days from the office (applicable for office based position)
- The Stokke Academy takes care of your career development which starts with a global onboarding training introducing you to the Stokke family