Stokke is searching for experienced Textile Engineers to handle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and New Product Development (NPD) activities, including optimization of product manufacturing processes. The positions are based at Stokke’s headquarters in Ålesund, Norway.
Main job responsibilities
- Technical product responsible for textile products in given categories
- Responsible for continuous improvement and ensure the right balance between cost and quality
- Keep the technical specification and documentation updated in Stokke’s PLM system for given products
- Give technical support to operation manager in move production projects and other operational issues
- Participate in development projects of new textile products as a textile engineer
- In collaboration with design team, develop textile part of new product based on factors as market and user needs, design requirements, safety, durability, and cost
- Create prototypes and evaluate solutions
- Describe and communicate the products in specifications
- Execute on part approval process for textile products
- Dialogue with supplier during product development projects to secure transition into mass production
- Textile engineer education or equivalent relevant education combined with relevant industry experience
- Min. 5 years of experience within textile manufacturing
- Extended experience from international textile industry
- Material and manufacturing insight
- Experience with PLM system
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel internationally
Desired characteristics and qualifications
To succeed at Stokke, you will need to have a high level of energy and passion, both for the products and the work. We are searching for ambitious, driven and result-oriented individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to contribute to taking Stokke to the next level. Further, we believe you are a team-player who enjoys collaboration and possess strong communicative skills.
With joining Stokke you will have the opportunity to work with a premium brand in an international environment. You will be part of an experienced, passionate and talented innovation team located in the heart of the city of Ålesund – in a modern office environment with open desk landscape. Stokke can offer great employee discounts on our products for family and friends, and you will be part of a winning team in a company in growth.
For this search, Stokke is collaborating with Nigel Wright. By applying to us, you agree to Nigel Wright handling the process for us. To apply for this role, please use the following link: