Stokke is looking for an Innovation Portfolio Manager which will be responsible for governance and facilitation of the Stokke Innovation Project Board and the Stokke Project Model, the management of department budgets and resources, and continuously improving the way of working across the innovation organization, processes and culture.
The position is based in Ålesund, Norway.
Main job responsibilities
- Identifying, building and managing the procedures and capabilities enabling the Innovation team to secure the delivery of both Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), New Product Development (NPD) and product maintenance activities and projects.
- Chair the Project Board – and lead facilitation and planning, incl. critical trade-off decisions
- Innovation department budget and resource management
- Department calendar
- Process improvements
- Cross-organizational strategic project and improvement activities
- Owner of the Stokke Project Model including the procedures required for successful governance (Project Board, Activity list, Priority Matrix etc.).
- Collaboration and coordination with other Stokke teams to secure an efficient matrix organization and competent, well-staffed projects.
- Member of the Innovation Leadership Team – jointly leading and managing the Innovation department priorities.
- Build, establish and govern proven processes and tools to set direction and frames for ways of working, incl. frames for development across people, OPEX and CAPEX
- Help establish and maintain an engaging, dynamic and exciting innovation team culture across the different professional disciplines and cultures.
- Co-responsible together with Innovation Leadership Team for securing the right level of quality and a high level of precision and professional competence in the innovation department.
Desired characteristics and qualifications
To succeed at Stokke, you will need to have a high level of energy and passion, both for the products and the work. For this role, you should have a strong ability to motivate, lead and work effectively as a member of a diverse global team. Characteristics such as analytical and structured are essential to possess in this role, in addition to strong stakeholder management capabilities across disciplines, cultures, and organization levels.
We are searching for ambitious, driven and result-oriented individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to contribute to taking Stokke to the next level. Further, we believe you are a team-player who enjoys collaboration and possess strong communicative skills.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Design, Marketing, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Min. 5 years professional experience, ideally for consumer product innovation and product development or from Management Consulting.
- Project Management experience. Demonstrated proved track record in driving projects from scope to completion.
- Operational experience in product development across project management, industrial design or engineering.
- Global mindset and strong business acumen, including ability to bring in a cross-functional perspective.
- Fully fluent in English.
- International travel expected.
Why join Stokke?
You will be a part of a company that creates smart and sustainable premium products, that through bonding between child and parent stimulate the child’s development
- Our company values define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. At Stokke, we are truly better together as ONEStokke. We take pride in our social happenings, celebrating our international and diverse atmosphere with events such as Christmas or a summer party
- Our offices are close or in the heart of the city (e.g. Ålesund, Sindelfingen or Shanghai office) with a modern working space
- Flexibility is important to all of us. Stokke is providing a hybrid working model which gives you the opportunity of working up to 3 flexible and 2 days from the office (applicable for office based position)
- The Stokke Academy takes care of your career development which starts with a global onboarding training introducing you to the Stokke family
For this search, Stokke is collaborating with Nigel Wright. By applying to us, you agree to Nigel Wright handling the process for us. To apply for this role, please use the following link: